Friday 10 February 2017

Shadow Boxes from Pollock's Toyshop

Anyone who follows my blog will know that I occasionally run workshops on 'how to make a tunnel book', or as they're sometimes known, 'shadow box'. It's a simple, but effective way of introducing people to the skills of paper-cutting.
I've recently blogged about my workshops at the V&A Museum and Charleston House, and have uploaded images of my own tunnel-book designs, using the techniques to create light boxes, box frames, and greeting cards

 I always make a point when I'm in London of visiting Benjamin Pollock's Toyshop in Covent Garden, and it was in this treasure-trove of a shop, that I came across these new shadow-box sets, each priced at £8.99.
A pack contains a set of instructions and three A4 illustrated cards, which you cut-out and assemble.

There are 4 designs available, but this Alice one was my favourite.
The illustrations are printed in black ink (suitable for colouring in), on thick card, which if you're new to paper-cutting is quite difficult to cut. A solution would be to photocopy the designs onto a more lightweight card, and keep the original intact.

illustrated card sheets
paper doll and accessories
finished model

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment.